1000 Miles Boxset
- 508 PAGES
- L 6" X W 4.75" X H 9.75"
- ARTIST-MADE CUSTOM SLIPCASE CREATED FROM FOUND CARDBOARD
- EMBOSSED MANILA POST-IT ATTACHED WITH ARCHIVAL CLEAR TAPE ON BOXSET SPINE
- COMPLETE SET OF THE 1000 MILES ZINE COLLECTION
- COMPLETE SET OF 100 DAILY ROUTE-MAPS FROM PROJECT IN 10 ZINE INSERTS PRINTED IN HIGH-QUALITY COLOR
- COMPLETE SET OF 10 FUJI NORITSU COLOR PRINTS PRINTED ON FUJICOLOR CRYSTAL ARCHIVE PAPER HELD TO THE PAGE WITH ARCHIVAL CANSON PHOTO-SQUARES
- EXCLUSIVE POSTCARD PRINTED ON FUJIFILM CRYSTAL ARCHIVE PAPER WITH UNIQUE TEXTWORK BY ARTIST
- 10 POLAROID PRINTS UNIQUE TO EACH BOXSET FOUND IN AN ABANDONED HOUSE IN COMPTON, CA
- SIGNED, STAMPED AND NUMBERED BY THE ARTIST
- FIRST EDITION OF 10 ; SPECIAL EDITION OF 10 (DETAILS HERE)
1000 Miles is the culmination of a 100 day performance project Jason Jaworski created in collaboration with MOCAtv where every day he threw a dart at a map of Los Angeles, traced a 10 mile shape and proceeded to traverse its geometry. Dressed in a uniform of all white, each 10 mile journey was documented in a series of images, texts and line paintings. This boxset contains the entire series of 10 original zines produced to accompany the project. Each book represents 100 miles of the 1,000 mile journey.
A ten volume zine set, as well as a dual folio publication involving the project was put out by SSK Press in 2013 and 2014. The original zines themselves were featured in the 2015 edition of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) New Photography exhibition as part of Lele Saveri's The Newsstand installation, as well as being highlighted in the Skira Rizzoli book of the same name.