1000 Miles Vol. X
- 5.5" X 8.5"
- 48 PAGES
- TRIPLE-STAPLE BINDING
- LASER PRINTED ON HIGH-QUALITY 32lb PREMIUM PAPER
- TRANSLUCENT HEAVY-WEIGHT VELLUM COVER WITH EMBOSSED EMBELLISHMENTS ON FRONT AND BACK
- 23 IMAGE PHOTO-STORY EXCLUSIVE TO THIS ZINE
- 1 LOOSELEAF GATEFOLD INSERT WITH PROJECT TEXTWORK
- 1 LOOSELEAF GATEFOLD INSERT WITH ROUTE-MAPS EXCLUSIVE TO THIS ZINE PRINTED IN HIGH-QUALITY COLOR
- 1 FUJI NORITSU COLOR PRINT EXCLUSIVE TO THIS VOLUME PRINTED ON FUJICOLOR CRYSTAL ARCHIVE PAPER HELD TO THE PAGE WITH ARCHIVAL CANSON PHOTO-SQUARES
- SIGNED, STAMPED AND NUMBERED BY THE ARTIST
- FIRST EDITION OF 100 + 5 APs ; SPECIAL EDITION OF 10 (DETAILS HERE)
1000 Miles is the culmination of a 100 day performance project Jason Jaworski created in collaboration with MOCAtv where every day he threw a dart at a map of Los Angeles, traced a 10 mile shape and proceeded to traverse its geometry. Dressed in a uniform of all white, each 10 mile journey was documented in a series of images, texts and line paintings. This publication is the tenth of 10 the artist made during the project. Each book represents 100 miles of the 1,000 mile journey.
A ten volume zine set, as well as a dual folio publication involving the project was put out by SSK Press in 2013 and 2014. The original zines themselves were featured in the 2015 edition of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) New Photography exhibition as part of Lele Saveri's The Newsstand installation, as well as being highlighted in the Skira Rizzoli book of the same name.
All I can breathe is sky; all I can see is air.
- Jason Jaworski