- 5.5" X 8.5"
- 112 PAGES
- DOUBLE RUBBERBAND BINDING
- LASER PRINTED ON HIGH-QUALITY 32lb PREMIUM PAPER
- HEAVY WEIGHT MYLAR COVER WITH OLIVE-GREEN TITLE HAND-PAINTED IN ACRYLIC ON FRONT WITH EMBOSSED EMBELLISHMENTS ON BACK
- OVER 100+ PHOTOGRAPHS EXCLUSIVE TO THIS VOLUME
- 1 DOUBLE-SIDED LOOSELEAF INSERT WITH UNIQUE TEXTWORK
- 1 FUJI NORITSU COLOR PRINT EXCLUSIVE TO THIS VOLUME PRINTED ON FUJICOLOR CRYSTAL ARCHIVE PAPER HELD TO THE PAGE WITH ARCHIVAL CANSON PHOTO-SQUARES
- SIGNED, STAMPED AND NUMBERED BY THE ARTIST
- FIRST EDITION OF 50 + 5 APs ; ARTIST EDITION OF 10 ; SPECIAL EDITION OF 1
Debuting at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA for Printed Matter's 2014 LA Art Book Fair, Rome Alone is a collection of images created by Jason Jaworski on a two-week trip in and around a bootleg factory in southern Taiwan in early 2014. The book gets its title from a fake 'Home Alone' sweatshirt the artist found that was mistakenly spelled ‘Rome Alone’. Intrigued by the inadvertent poetry being created in these products, he interviewed and followed several of the factory workers on their breaks at night, accompanying them to various night markets and hawker stands while they milled about together and ate. "Every few days I would develop my negatives and make small work prints of which the workers would choose their favorites. After creating an edited sequence from the selected images, I had the book printed at the actual bootleg factory I was shadowing and bound the pages with rubber bands from the night markets most frequently visited by the workers where I left copies on stands and tables for them to discover and flip through, bringing the project full circle." In addition, each cover is hand painted in a fast and crude manner utilizing a cheap brush from one of the markets to mimic and mirror the ways in which the products created there are done by an obvious, not machine, hand.
A special edition of the book was produced that had a gold painted cover, a handwritten text work, a 15 postcard set of exclusive images and the original 'Rome Alone' sweatshirt the artist found that started the whole project.
The first edition, artist edition and special edition from SSK Press have all SOLD OUT.